For the use by a Registered Medical Practitioner or Hospital or a Laboratory only.
Each 5ml contains Magaldrate USP 400mg and Simethicone USP 20mg .
Magaldrate + Simethicone Suspension is an antacid and antiflatulent combination. The antacid works by neutralizing stomach acid and increasing the pH of the stomach. The antiflatulent works by breaking up gas bubbles, which makes gas easier to eliminate.
Both Magaldrate and simethicone are not absorbed from the gastro-intestinal tract at therapeutic doses.
- Magaldrate is a common antacid drug that is used for the treatment of duodenal and gastric ulcers and esophagitis from gastroesophageal reflux.
- Simethicone is an oral anti-foaming agent used to reduce bloating, discomfort and pain caused by excess gas in the stomach or intestinal tract. It is a mixture of polydimethylsiloxane and silica gel.
Hypersensitivity to active substances or to any of its excipients.
History of kidney problems
People taking citrate salts (found in some calcium supplements, antacids, and laxatives)
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION:
It is unknown if Magaldrate/Simethicone Suspension can cause harm to the fetus.The benefits and risks of using Magaldrate/Simethicone Suspension during pregnancy should be weighed before using the suspension.
Magaldrate/Simethicone Suspension is excreted in breast milk. Magaldrate/Simethicone Suspension should be used in pregnancy only if the benefits outweigh the risk factors.
The adverse effects include: Constipation; diarrhoea; intestinal pain.
Antacids should not be taken within two hours of concurrent medications with other drugs as they affect their absorption.
- Prolonged use may lead to constipation.
- Should be used with caution in children below two years.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
For oral use:
The dosage of Unigel suspension is:
10ml three times daily.
- 2-5 years:2.5 ml three times daily
- 5-12 years:5ml three times daily
10ml, 100ml,180ml and 200ml in amber colored glass bottles.
Do not store above 300C. Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight. Keep all medicines out of reach of children.