Lockit.Domperidone Tabs – 10mg & Syr. 5mg/5ml
Dopamine Antagonist Gastric Stimulant
- Acute nausea & Vomiting as a result of cytotoxic or radiotherapy.
- Bromocriptine or levodopa induced nausea and vomiting.
- Prokinetic in GIT disorders e.g Dabetic Gastroparesis.
Non-ulcer dyspepsia to speed barium transit through the intestines during examination.
Dosage & Administration.
- Adults – Nausea & Vomiting: 10-20mg every 4-8hrs – maximum treatment period 12weeks.
- Children: 200-400mcg / kg body weight 4-8 hours
- Functional Dyspepsia: 10-20mg TDS before food and 10-20mg at night
- Maximum treatment period – 12 weeks
Hypersensitivity to the active Ingredients.
- Not considered suitable for chronic nausea & Vomiting
- It is unlikely to be effective in motion sickness and other vestibular disorders.
- Use in children is restricted to nausea & Vomiting due to cytotoxic therapy.
- Caution in renal impairment /pregnancy & breastfeeding and those in risk of fluid retention.
- Headache / elevation of serum prolactin
- Reduced libido / rashes / and other allergic reactions
- Acute dystonic reactions.